what companies does tractor supply own
Tractor Supply Co. is a leading retail company that specializes in providing a wide range of products for farmers, ranchers, and other rural customers. With its headquarters located in Brentwood, Tennessee, the company has grown significantly over the years through acquisitions and partnerships. In this article, we will explore the various companies that Tractor Supply owns.
1. Petsense LLC: Tractor Supply acquired Petsense LLC in 2016. Petsense is a leading pet supply specialty retailer with more than 150 stores across the United States. This acquisition has allowed Tractor Supply to expand its product offering to include pet food, supplies, and grooming services. Petsense operates as a subsidiary of Tractor Supply and continues to grow under the company's ownership.
2. Del's Feed & Farm Supply: In 2011, Tractor Supply acquired Del's Feed & Farm Supply, a well-established company with locations in the Pacific Northwest and Hawaii. Del's specializes in providing farm and ranch supplies, including animal feed, equipment, and clothing. This acquisition allowed Tractor Supply to expand its presence in the western region of the United States.
3. The Company Store: In 2017, Tractor Supply acquired The Company Store, an online retailer of home goods and textiles. The Company Store offers a wide range of products, including bedding, bath essentials, and home decor. This acquisition has enabled Tractor Supply to diversify its product offering beyond its traditional farm and ranch supplies.
4. Mill's Fleet Farm: Tractor Supply acquired Mill's Fleet Farm in 2020, significantly expanding its retail footprint. Mill's Fleet Farm operates 46 stores primarily in the Midwest, offering an extensive range of products for outdoor enthusiasts, including hunting and fishing equipment, automotive supplies, and home improvement items. This strategic acquisition has allowed Tractor Supply to tap into new customer segments and expand its market share.
5. Orscheln Farm and Home: In 2021, Tractor Supply announced its plans to acquire Orscheln Farm and Home, a Midwest-based farm and ranch retailer with over 160 stores across ten states. With this acquisition, Tractor Supply aims to further strengthen its presence in the Midwest market and enhance its product offerings. The acquisition is still pending regulatory approval at the time of writing.
6. Kerrville Hills Winery: Beyond its retail operations, Tractor Supply also owns Kerrville Hills Winery in Texas. As an agricultural company, Tractor Supply recognized the opportunity to expand into the wine industry by acquiring this boutique winery. Kerrville Hills Winery produces a variety of award-winning wines using locally sourced grapes.
These are just a few examples of the companies that Tractor Supply owns or has acquired over the years. These strategic acquisitions have allowed Tractor Supply to diversify its product offerings and expand its customer base beyond the traditional farm and ranch customers. With each acquisition, Tractor Supply has leveraged its expertise in the retail industry to foster growth and success for these companies under its ownership.
In conclusion, Tractor Supply Co. is a leading retail company that owns several subsidiaries and has made strategic acquisitions to expand its operations. From pet supplies to farm and ranch supplies, home goods, and even wineries, Tractor Supply has successfully diversified its product offering and solidified its position in the market. As the company continues to evolve, it will likely explore new opportunities to further expand its retail presence and offerings.